Auto login

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 09:26:39 BST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007, Asmo Koskinen wrote:

> Alfred Nutile kirjoitti:
> > could you explain a little more this process of setting up the lts.conf
> > to auto login.
> > Thanks
>
> I try to explain what I have done, Dapper 6.06.1 + LTSP 4.2.

The steps to this approach are slightly more complex with LTSP5.  IN LTSP4,
the display manager runs on the server using XDMCP which is no longer true
in Edubuntu/LTSP5 (ldm runs locally and starts a login session over ssh).

You would therefore need to enable XDMCP on the server and set up the thin
clients to use the xdmcp display manager instead of ldm.