some questions

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 31 22:05:45 BST 2007

> If you open a terminal window on a client and type "set | grep LTSP" you
> will find lots of usefull  environment variables. I'm not sure at what stage
> they are set.

We have about 20 printers here, but if I could set just one as a default it would be an
improvement.

The command doesn't seem to work on Edubuntu.  If I type "set | grep LTSP" I return
LTSP_CLIENT=ltsp

Where ltsp is the hostname of the server.  And oddly enough if I ctrl+alt+f1 and log
into the client locally and do a vim /etc/hosts I get the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.2 ltsp
10.6.1.155 server

But my /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/hosts file is completely different.  And if I type "set | grep
LTSP" on screen 1 I return nothing.

Ideas on why my actual /etc/hosts on the client would differ from /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/hosts?