some questions

Vince Callaway fastxr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 21:15:48 BST 2007

On 7/31/07, Jim Kronebusch <jim at winonacotter.org> wrote:

> So you first log into an admin account on the server and set up every
> printer on campus.
> Then you create the /etc/ltsp-printers.conf file based on the names
> assigned to the
> printers created.

Yes.  In my case it was trivial because  I'm only working with a few
printers and workstations.  This was a quick and dirty fix.

Where does the $LTSP_CLIENT variable come from?  I tried simply typing the
> $LTSP_CLIENT
> at the command line of a Edubuntu client and received command not found.

If you open a terminal window on a client and type "set | grep LTSP" you
will find lots of usefull  environment variables. I'm not sure at what stage
they are set.