some questions

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 31 19:02:30 BST 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:38:36 -0700, Vince Callaway wrote
> Hopefully this will work with Edubuntu.  I'm currently using K12LTSP which
> is Fedora based.  I will be setting up Ubuntu this weekend so I can't verify
> this will work.
>
> Anyway, here is what I do.
>
> In /etc/profile I have the following line at the end:
> lpoptions -d `grep $LTSP_CLIENT /etc/ltsp-printers.conf | cut -f2`
>
> The /etc/ltsp-printers.conf file contains the following:
>
> # File to set a users default printer.
> # first field is host, second is default printer
> # File is tab delimited.
>
> dhcp-100        DCP-7020
> dhcp-101        DCP-7020
> dhcp-102        DCP-7020
> dhcp-103        DCP-7020
> dhcp-104        Brother

So you first log into an admin account on the server and set up every printer on campus.
 Then you create the /etc/ltsp-printers.conf file based on the names assigned to the
printers created.

Where does the $LTSP_CLIENT variable come from?  I tried simply typing the $LTSP_CLIENT
at the command line of a Edubuntu client and received command not found.