Tuxpaint in Gcompris

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 31 16:33:11 BST 2007

> > through the GCompris. How do I do this? I do not have an internet connection
> > so I can't follow the instructions on how to deal with this problem given on

> Tuxpaint's just probably not installed.  You can use the Synaptic package
> manager to install it.  No need for a extra cd, Edubuntu packages it.

I think that is the problem, as stated at the top he does not have an internet
connection which probably eliminates the use of Synaptic.

But if you have it available on CD and install it then you should be rockin'.  I have
not looked but it should also be available on the edubuntu classroom server add-on CD.
If that is the case and if the CD you have Tuxpaint on is in fact the edubuntu classroom
server add-on CD, then you should be able to install it via Synaptic from the add-on cd
as long as the CD repositories are listed in /etc/apt/sources.list.