GNOME Settings Daemin error with simultaneous logins

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Jul 25 16:28:39 BST 2007

When I log in my new clients in the labs, if I log in more than one user simultaneously
I get the following error:

##########start error message#################
There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.

The last error message was:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes inclued: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or
the network connection was broken.

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in.

If I wait until each user has successfully logged in before starting the next log in,
things work just fine.  This is a serious problem as there will often be 30 users
logging in simultaneously.

Any suggestions would be great.  I am going to disable the adapter teaming at this time
to see if this is part of the cause.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188