DHCP server not found

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 24 17:54:31 BST 2007

> Then I'll plug my laptop back in and I can boot over the network no
> problem...right into my Edubuntu Desktop.  I'm totalily lost.  I do not know
> what to do to trouble shoot the issue any further.  Does anybody else have
> any suggestions?

I assume when testing with the laptop you are plugging into the same ethernet ports as
you have tried with the other clients, correct?  If so you know it isn't a network
problem and must be a problem with the clients.  So my next question is how are you
booting the laptop and both clients?  Is this with PXE or are you using an etherboot
floppy or some other method?  If you post the answer to these questions it may help
further troubleshooting.