anyone ever seen this error "hub1-01:10:over-current change" ?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:40:45 BST 2007

Hi all,

I tried to add a second unformatted disk to ubuntu 6.06 and my system
hung very early in the boot process with this message:

hub1-01:10:over-current change on port 7

Google tells me conflicting things, some folks think its a persistent
bug in the Ubuntu Kernel, some folks think its due to bad power
supplies, some folks think it has to do with USB devices that aren't
working properly.

I have never seen anything like this before. Can anyone tell me what
may be going on here?

Thanks!

John