authconfig on edubuntu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Jul 23 17:49:00 BST 2007

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:27:47 -0400, Randall Swift wrote
> I have a server with edubuntu 7.04 on it and I would like to know what I
> need to do to get my terminals to authenticate and map to an alternate
> samba/ldap server? When I was using k12ltsp I would run authconfig to
> direct the server to an alternate one. Is there a way with edubuntu? Thanks

I actually just completed an LDAP howto on Ubuntu Feisty.  I will attach it.  Let me
know how it works for you.  It walks through configuration of the LDAP server, LDAP
clients, and NFS mounted homes for machines that aren't thin clients but still need
centrally managed users and home directories.