Video still not quite up to par

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:27:28 BST 2007

> > Yikes.  At some point we really must twist your arm to write up a detailed
> > piece explaining your setup.  An 8-core xeon server with 16 GB RAM and 6
> > load-balanced NICs is pretty serious hardware.
>
> I am hoping to be able to write up a success story after a couple of months of use and
> at that point explain how to build a large LTSP system with a single server.  But if
> this doesn't go right you may never see that story :-)

Jim et al,

I'd like to second the request for a write up of how you did the
nic-bonding (if that's what you did) and what tool you used for the
load balancing. It would be a real boon for me!

I guess 8 processors _is_  big-iron but my understanding was that
kernel was meant for 64 processors+

I am using four cores/ 8gigs  with the "linux-image-server" kernel and
that seems to work well. You might give it a shot and see if it helps
your video problems at all.

Thanks,

John