Update Problem Help needed

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 22 16:50:13 BST 2007

Farid Ansari wrote:
> Hello again Karl,
> Now it won't connect to my cable service therefore am unable to use the
> Konsole or the internet.

i assume your not using your kubuntu/edubuntu computer for sending email?

> Maybe it requires a reinstall.

that may be an easy way to fix it (if you have no files you need to save
especially), but probably not a requirement :)

> Thanks for the help. Will bother you again if I have problems but this
> time I will only ask for Firefox and Thunderbird Mail, will refrain from
> asking for a full upgrade.

it occurs to me that perhaps the full upgrade includes a kernel update
which may have broken your ethernet/usb connections. perhaps if you boot
the old kernel it will still work (in that case its a bug, by the way).

when the computer boots, directly after post (the bios) finishes, you
will see a line on the top of the screen. it will be grub , and it
counts down from 3 to 0, then starts booting kubuntu/edubuntu.
when its counting down, press escape, and select the kernel (using the
arrow keys) that's got the lowest version number.

> Have a nice evening.

good luck,
karl.

> Regards,
> Farid Ansari

by the way, i replied this back to the list.
kk

--
Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom - http://www.gnewsense.org