Gutsy-Tribe2 - No successful booting

Jim McQuillan jam at McQuil.com
Fri Jul 20 12:36:42 BST 2007

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 20.07.2007, 11:31 +0100 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
>> Would it make sense to make /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf a symlink
>> to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf or just deprecate use of the latter
>> entirely?  Just seems like it has the potential to cause confusion and
>> waste time as people wonder which lts.conf they need to edit and waste
>> time testing settings which aren't getting applied.
>>
>> I can't see any great benefit in having two lts.conf files which both get
>> read in some circumstances.
> there is none :)
>
> but i thought it would be helpful if people dont need to give up learned
> behavior so we could migrate over time ...

How about for the /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf file, you simply put
something like:

      ATTENTION!  This is no longer the file for making changes
      to the LTSP environment.  If you want to set options for a
      thin client, you should make those changes in:

           /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf

That way, if somebody does try to edit the file in the old location,
it'll be obvious the are in the wrong place.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org