Gutsy-Tribe2 - No successful booting

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 20 12:25:24 BST 2007

hi,
Am Freitag, den 20.07.2007, 11:31 +0100 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> Would it make sense to make /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf a symlink
> to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf or just deprecate use of the latter
> entirely?  Just seems like it has the potential to cause confusion and
> waste time as people wonder which lts.conf they need to edit and waste
> time testing settings which aren't getting applied.
>
> I can't see any great benefit in having two lts.conf files which both get
> read in some circumstances.
there is none :)

but i thought it would be helpful if people dont need to give up learned
behavior so we could migrate over time ...

my big masterplan would anyway be to get rid of the chroot completely
(saves 300MB on your servers disk) and either have a tool that loop
mounts the image for changes in an unionfs locally or unpacks it if
needed. but as long as there might be people that still rather want to
go with nfsroot we currently need the chroot (i'll document how to
switch back before release in case people prefer to stick to slow
nfs ;) )

the lts.conf for the chroot can go before release and we can put an
empty commented file into the tftp dir by default, so locate would find
it ...

ciao
	oli