help! can't access tty

Horst Baelz hbaelz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:08:46 BST 2007

 Please help

grub loads and the edubuntu screen with the load bar appears but after the
first segment the screen goes blank and shows

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs) [   48.257727] drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c:
usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed

I double-boot from two hard drives, one windows, one edubuntu
I'm at a total loss and comparatively new to linux

I might have inadvertently shut down my computer before update had finished
-- could that be the reason for the error?

any help is truely appreciated