sis7019

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 17 12:55:29 BST 2007

hi,
Am Samstag, den 14.07.2007, 16:19 +0200 schrieb Philipp Hanselmann:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get the sound on our solid state thin clients (eBox 2300) under Edubuntu 7.04 working (chip SIS7019).

bad choice unless you like extremly slow hardware ... but anyway, the
e2300 as our worst HW of choice in ltsp development was the machine we
all tried to develop on for gutsy, so you are lucky i have a working
module for teh gutsy kernel to get sis7019 going, sad fact is that all
code snippets i found out there to patch and make them work with recent
2.6 kernels are totally unlicensed wich doesnt allow us any
distribution.

in gutsy we also have an oss mode for the hardware that forces us to use
oss drivers (we'll try to get alsa drivers for these (namely only some
kahlua based chips and the sis7019) for gutsy+1

pulseaudio from feisty wont work in its default setup without some
tewaking and you also need teh matching alsa -oss emulation bits going
to make it work at all.

http://people.ubuntu.com/~ogra/sis7019-oss-driver_0.1.orig.tar.gz
has a premature driver source that compiles with the 2.6.22 kernel in
gutsy, if you want to try it, note that it will break soon if the oss
layer gets changed in teh ubuntu kernel package again (it includes stuff
teh kernel currently doiesnt have and will clash with these parts if
tehy show up)

but if you want to test it, feel free to grab the source ...

i'll try to finish the oss stuff soon after portland and try to find a
source with at least a gpl header and author for that driver after
OSCOn ...

i'll ping again and ask for testers as soon as the code is in ltsp :)

ciao
	oli