Considering Edubuntu

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:58:14 BST 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, François BARILLON wrote:

> 2. A free version named gnash is available and will be integrated in the
> Gusty version.

Judging by its current status (I tried it a month or so ago), schools may
be better off sticking with the proprietary plugin for one more release.  I
could be wrong though, there's four months until the October release.

> 3. I've got personnaly problems to play sounds in flash animations on a
> thin client but I gess that persons more clever than I am could solve
> the problem.

A solution to this is in the FAQ:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EdubuntuFAQ#head-9eab8b3fa984d1b72c777b67a5bb557646e5946b

Hopefully that package will be available in Gutsy so the issue will go
away.