Considering Edubuntu

François BARILLON francois.barillon at free.fr
Wed Jul 11 19:30:22 BST 2007

Le mercredi 11 juillet 2007 à 14:06 -0400, Alexander Khost a écrit :
> Hello,
> I am considering using Edubuntu on the computers in our school (a new
> K-12 school about to open this fall) and only seem to have one
> remaining hesitation: I have taught basic animation courses using
> Adobe Flash and do not know of any Linux alternatives (such as Gimp
> for Photoshop). If anyone has a suggestion for a comparable Flash
> alternative for Linux (Edubuntu), please let me know!
1. Flash player works on Linux and Edubuntu.

2. A free version named gnash is available and will be integrated in the
Gusty version.

3. I've got personnaly problems to play sounds in flash animations on a
thin client but I gess that persons more clever than I am could solve
the problem.

4. The svg format can be used for animations but I just use it for static images. An app like mandvd could be useful...

François