Edubuntu Thin Client Login Screen has bad Resolution

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:14:37 BST 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> PS perhaps there's a better way to do this that I'm not aware of but this
> is unreasonably complex for a straightforward request, perhaps we should
> request a resolution parameter be added to lts.conf?

I think I've found a partially better way.  It appears from reading
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/ltsp/screen.d/startx that you can pass a video mode
in but only if you're using the Vesa driver.  Open lts.conf and add a
stanza like this:

[00:10:B5:A8:78:3C]
	XSERVER=Xvesa
	X_MODE_0=1280x1024

This is not ideal though as you will almost certainly get better
performance with the current XSERVER than using the vesa one.  For example,
you may notice with vesa that scrolling in applications like firefox is a
bit rough.

It's not clear to me why this is only available for vesa.  If you try it,
could you let us know if it works?