Removal of application prompts remove of Edubuntu-Desktop

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 3 21:08:35 BST 2007

Say I try and remove a default application such as gaim, I am then prompted that this
will also remove edubuntu-desktop as in the example below:

testing at ltsp:~$ sudo apt-get remove gaim
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  gnome-cups-manager
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  edubuntu-desktop gaim nautilus-sendto
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 6177kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Does this mean that the entire edubuntu-desktop and all involved applications will be
removed?  Or does this simply mean that I will no longer have the compete
edubuntu-desktop but all other applications will remain?

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188