new education team - please explore

Uwe Geercken uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Mon Jul 2 21:25:18 BST 2007

hi jim,

I just joined the team. I am a 43 year old german linux enthusiast working in
switzerland. I program a lot with java, I create web apps, architect systems
and love everything around data and databases. other than that, I am an
allrounder and started working with computers at the age of 14 (that's a while
ago...) I work as a Corporate IT manager at Swissport, a world wide company
with around 23000 employees.

two weeks ago I started teaching linux at our local school to 13 year old boys
and girls. I thought that it might be an idea, to have the kids make a
videocapture of everything they do on linux, so that others could profit from
it: e.g. how to install software, create a new background image, etc. but I
first have to practice some basics with them.

if I can be of any help, let me know. off-hand, I would have a busness rule
engine I just created, which can be used to check data files. if anybody is
interested, let me know; it's free of course.

rgds,

uwe

https://launchpad.net/~education-enthusiasts<edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>)