Need help with Apache configuring

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Sun Jul 1 16:34:09 BST 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 04:30:55PM +0400, Anton Shaleyev wrote:
:Hello!
:Please tell me what I should configure in Apache2 in Edubuntu if I
:want create local site (access only from my computer).

set:

Listen 127.0.0.1:80

in the config file this will only listen to the localhost, not on the
network.

:How can i create sites with different domain name without DNS, or if
:it impossible with different  IP (like 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.2 etc)?

you can edit /etc/hosts to give your system different names.  There
should be a line like this:

127.0.0.1  localhost

You can add other names to that:

127.0.0.1  localhost web1  web2

:I have already read Hanbook (Russian Version). There are many mistakes
:in topic about apache.
:
:Best regards, Anton Shaleyev.
: