problem with Italian language
uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Wed Jan 31 08:06:33 GMT 2007
I will report the fix as you suggested, so that everybody can fruit from it.
I also think about bringing more of my own effort into ubuntu/edubuntu, but I
don't really know where to start. as soon as I find some time, I will see what
possibilities are out there.
Zitat von Gavin McCullagh <gmccullagh at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Uwe Geercken wrote:
> > as I select "it_IT.UTF-8" as language in the login dialog, this does not
> seem to
> > be right. ".UTF-8" would be duplicated, which would fit to the error.
> > so I changed it to:
> > lang_command = 'LC_ALL='+lang+' LANGUAGE='+lang+ ' LANG='+lang
> > (I stripped off all ".UTF-8" in that line)
> That's pretty much what I was thinking. The question is, is this a problem
> for all of the other languages too and should ldm just omit the extra utf-8
> or is there something more complex going on here?
> > I went ahead and rebootet the system and the client (just to be sure..) and
> > worked well. where I found an english taskbar before (which I testet again
> > evening), I now find the correct taskbar in italian.
> > I also tried to login with language = de_ch.UTF-8 and it also worked.
> Excellent! Please report this as a bug in launchpad.
> You should quote this thread so the ldm author/packager can see what we've
> worked out.
> > so this seems to be the fix. thanks for all your help.
> It's the fix for you, but it would be much better to fix it for everyone
> else. That way nobody need worry about this issue again.
> edubuntu-users mailing list
> edubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
More information about the edubuntu-users