processing sound on thin clients

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 24 16:36:49 GMT 2007

hi,
On Mi, 2007-01-24 at 17:05 +0200, Phyo W. Soe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question concerning recording/playing sound on thin clients. I
> have an Edubuntu 6.10 server and thin clients configured to run
> PXE/LTSP. The thin client can boot and I can log into user accounts.
> Now, I would like to run VoIP and video conferencing applications on the
> thin client using a program like Ekiga.
that doesnt work in edgy, for feisty i'm just finishing the switch to
pulseaudio and friends to provide such a feature ...

for edgy someone wrote a nice howto for skype which i belive might also
work with ekiga... if you dont fear to get your hands dirty try:
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Edgy/HOWTO:_PulseAudio

indeed installing third party libs etc is not encouraged and might break
your system or steal your first born :)

ciao
	oli