How to modify the startup and splash screens on the thin client.

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 00:25:14 GMT 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Paul J. Thompson wrote:

> How can I remove the rather colourful graphics  that are standard on
> Edubuntu? I am using this in a business environment so the scheme is not
> really appropiate :-). I know how to modify the Edubuntu server to get rid
> of the splash screen et.al... but I do not know how to do the same when the
> thin client boots.

It's not obvious to me whether you mean the boot-time graphics or the gnome
graphics once one is logged in.

I haven't done it but I suspect if you don't want the edubuntu themes and
would prefer the ubuntu ones you could perhaps remove the edubuntu-artwork
and edubuntu-artwork-usplash packages and make sure the ubuntu-artwork
package is installed.

You can customise things of course, but that sounds like more than you
need?