Dual boot (XP) best practice?

Simon Ruiz sruiz at mccsc.edu
Mon Feb 26 17:24:27 GMT 2007

Windows assumes it will be the only Operating System on the disk, and so if the partition you intend to install it to ISN'T the first partition on the first hard disk, this may be why it won't accept it as an valid install partition. I'm sure there is a way to coax it to work when installing it second, but there are quite a few extra little complications to deal with.

I'd suggest starting over and installing Windows first. This is the only way I've ever done it, myself.

Best of luck!

Sim?n