edubuntu-users Digest, Vol 9, Issue 14

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 22 12:14:23 GMT 2007

On Mi, 2007-02-21 at 13:00 +0000, David Caldwell wrote:
> Thanks, Gavin.
>
> In dhcpd.conf I didn't actually add anything - I altered the IPs to
> match the server and the subnet I'm on and altered the DHCP address
> range.
>
> Initially, I tried simply doing an 'apt-get install kubuntu-desktop'
> on the server, but I couldn't see how I could get a thin client to log
> into a KDE session so I thought I had to chroot the kubuntu-desktop
> install it instead.
>
> So, if I rebuild the ltsp file system and install kubuntu-desktop on
> the server (it is actually already installed), do you know what steps
> I need to take to enable clients to log into KDE (I'd like it to be
> default)?
for changing the default globally just run:

update-alternatives --config x-session-manager

for users that want to constantly use KDE you can also create an
~/.xsession file, it will override the system settings

apart from that, ldm has a session selection menu by defaul (since edgy)
if you want to temporary change to a differnt than the default session.

ciao
	oli