edu on vmware

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:06:08 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007, matte at ahavaxthuset.se wrote:

> Om running my system vmware hosts and today a have edu server installed on
> the hosts.
> But i thinking should it be better to install
> ubuntu joes 7.10 and then install the edu package on topp to get best
> performance in a vmware hosts.

To install Ubuntu and add the educational packages should give exactly the
same system as just installing edubuntu.

> A have problems today with slow respons on my clients.

Are you sure that's not because (if I understand correctly) you're using a
virtualised server on top of an existing operating system?  That doesn't
sound like a recipe for good performance to me.