want to ask about VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP Pro

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 6 09:23:16 GMT 2007

hi,
On Do, 2007-12-06 at 10:10 +0200, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> Did the vesa driver work at least? Unfortunately, support for the
> Unichrome chipsets aren't very good at the moment. I made the mistake of
> buying a motherboard with this chipset as well. Many new motherboards
> ship with those chipsets though, so please file and comment on any
> Unichrome related bug on Launchpad as well.
you should try out the openchrome driver from universe (it's binary is
called via too and it replaces the original via one if you install it
(so the name stays via here))
it works for *some* of the unichrome cards (no guarantees, it seems to
be a matter of luck)
others (for which neither via nor openchrome works ) are apparently
doomed to vesa with these chipsets, the via X driver situation is sadly
the most fragmented one :/

ciao
	oli