Nautilus using 100% CPU

Carl Olof Englund realdiskdoc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:39:39 GMT 2007

I've set up an Edubuntu (AMD64 Gutsy) server running here at school, with so
far three clients attached to it. We're having trouble, though, with nautilus
processes (of different users) eating up all the CPU on the server, slowing
things to a crawl.

Sound familiar to anyone? Up til now I've been logging in via SSH
doing "killall nautilus" but it's happening so frequently I don't think it's
an acceptable solution. If I'm not around keeping an eye on things, the
system is close to unusable.

/ Carl

--
"So slay me now! I have little magic left."
- Kallak, leader of the royal mystics