Thin Clients freezing in Firefox

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Fri Aug 31 16:31:27 BST 2007

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> The site loads about half of the photos then freezes.  It turns out the photos total
> just under 5MB on this page.  When I hit them on a full desktop running edubuntu it
> works just fine.

By default, nbdswapd only configures about 32 megs of swap.  Check and see if
you have an /etc/ltsp/nbdswapd.conf, and if not, create one with something like:

SIZE=128

in it, which will create 128 meg swap files.  I suspect firefox is running the
terminal out of ram.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Eternity is a very long time,
Systems Department |  especially towards the end."