Edubuntu 7.04 still not working: thumb drives/local dev

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Sun Aug 26 15:32:13 BST 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 07:21:20AM -0700, john wrote:

> USB devices are recognized correctly if I log on to the server itself
> at the console. So this is only broken for clients.
>
> From a  thin client if I do Alt + F2, log in as root and  and do:
>
> ssh -S /tmp/.ltspfs_socket server "/usr/sbin/ltspfsmounter /tmp add"
>
> I get:
>
> Error: /media/root is not mounted
> Error: /media/root/tmp is not mounted

Who are you logged in as on the thin client?  Root?  Or a regular user?

Can you please post a step-by-step rundown of what the debugging procedure
is?  I haven't seen you do that, and if I'm to help you, I need to see
those things.  Make sure when you log in graphically, you're logging
in as a REGULAR user.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Eternity is a very long time,
Systems Department |  especially towards the end."