How to upgrade ltsp

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:01:48 BST 2007

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Krsnendu dasa wrote:

> > I presume you mean Flash not Shockwave.
>
> I mean Shockwave. I am running the apps through Crossover office. It
> wouldn't run at all  in K12LTSP.  That is one o f the main reasons for the
> change. I got it working on my home Ubuntu AMD64 system.

I see.  It's very hard to know how that will work out when you scale it to
many users.  Wine never looked to be very multi-user oriented to me (mostly
because neither were any of the windows applications), but perhaps
Crossover are better at that.

> Can I just #apt-get upgrade ltsp
> to get the gutsy improvements otherwise is just copying the new ldm all I
> need to do. I guess there are other improvements too.

To go from k12ltsp to edubuntu?  I would have thought a fresh install was
in order but perhaps you know better.  I daresay it's _possible_ to do
anything, but it might cost you a lot more pain to upgrade.