Local devices and samba/ldap...need help

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Aug 22 22:52:11 BST 2007

Ok...I have my Edubuntu servers (feisty)  authenticating to a Samba/LDAP
server (plain 'ol Ubuntu Feisty server).  Just now I tried to use a USB
thumbdrive in a thin-client and it doesn't show up.  Couple things I'm
wondering....could this be because the user is not a part of one of the
essential groups for local devices...like fuse or something.  Or is local
devices not enabled by default?  Any ideas where to start?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org