Open Office and System Admin very slow

Kalyani karkalyani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 01:00:58 BST 2007

Hi. I have a Pentium 4 machine with 256 MB RAM and 40 GB harddisk. I have
Edubuntu 7.04 (Fiesty Fawn) loaded on it along with the educational software
that come with it. The machine runs very slow when I work on open office
(word processor, spread sheet) and when I try doing any system admin tasks.
I mean very, very slow.

Does this mean I need more RAM? How much would suffice. I thought 128 MB RAM
would be adequate as mentioned on the Edubuntu CD (that came from
Cannonical).

Is there a way I can make the system go faster using its existing resources?