regular ubuntu + thin client on the same PC

Philippe Rousselot ubuntu at alcatorda.com
Mon Aug 13 08:14:10 BST 2007

Gavin McCullagh a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Philippe Rousselot wrote:
>

>> is there a tutorial somewhere on how to set up a pc runing ubuntu able
>> to boot either on its local ubuntu or as a thin client from the grub
>> menu. the machine does not have a bootable network card from the bios.
>>

> This sounds like moreorless what you're looking for....
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPMultiboot
>
> Gavin

Hi again,

I just checked, it is very interesting and I will use it somewhere else,
but it does not work here as i cannot boot from the net card in my case.

I guess it is simply making a fat32 partition install on it the disk
image corresponding to the net card, installing linux then modifying the
menu.list in order to incorporate the fat 32 partition, or using the
ultimate boot cd to make it work

see you in 2 weeks for the answer I guess

Philippe