Day of "reckoning" :-)

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Aug 2 05:32:02 BST 2007

Mon Sagullo <ramonsagullo at yahoo.com> writes:
>After quietly reading through the messages here for the past few weeks,
>and just about final with my proposed server and thin client, with much
>thanks for all the suggestions I received from you guys - here's another
>request for assistance.
>
>I could use half-a dozen or even a dozen in the list of schools I intend
>to include in my proposal to school's Board of Trustees, as "proof" the
>Edubuntu is just about "mainstream" as it could get.
>
>To those who are inclined, kindly fill-in:
>
>1. Name of school

Vassalboro Community School

>2. Location (in my case, I am from Candelaria (Municipality), Quezon
>(Province), Philippines (Country)
Vassalboro, Maine USA

>3. Private? or Public School?

Public

>4. Student population? (Approximate will do)

600+

>4. How many students are using the computer lab?

All at one point during the day....all students end up in here at some
point during the school day....we have thin-clients throughout the
school....not just the lab....I estimate about 30 - 35 concurrent users at
any one time

>6. Grade-level? Grade school? High School?
K-8

>5. How many clients per server?

I have 2 servers in DHCP load balance/failover mode....nearly 100 clients
split the load

>6. How long have you implemented Edubuntu (years? months?)

Edubuntu is new this year, but K12LTSP (K-12 Linux Terminal Server
Project) since 2001