Cross Arch PowerPC Kernel Panic

Craig Szymanski cszymanski at berlinschools.org
Thu Apr 26 22:02:39 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 13:44 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.04.2007, 07:28 -0400 schrieb Craig Szymanski:
>
> > I copied the kernel over to the server from the livecd client to the
> > server...
> > cp -r /var/lib/tftpboot/yaboot /opt/ltsp/
> > cp -r /var/lib/tftpboot/yaboot.conf /opt/ltsp/
> > cp -r /var/lib/tftpboot/powerpc/* /opt/ltsp/powerpc
> you copy in the wrong direction ... just run ltsp-update-kernels on teh
> server after you are done with ltsp-build-client on the liveCD, it will
> care for the kernels to get copied to the right places for booting.
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Thanks,
After some confusion I got it to work by installing edubuntu on the iMac
that I was trying to use as a client since it was a g3 and the other
machine that actually booted the liveCD well was a g5. This link helped
a bit too..
http://elliot.ecowizards.com/wp/archives/2006/05/18/ltsp-booting-old-mac-hardware/
Craig