Some help

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:44:33 BST 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, Shishir Jha wrote:

> I am probably the newest user of edubuntu, and franky have started to love
> it. In past I have been involved in some LTSP project here in Nepal. We were
> using LTSP over Fedora, but installing edubuntu and going through it, I am
> stunned to see how easy it is to run. But the problem is, I cannot find
> anyfiles that I am used to tweaking in LTSP over any normal distro. Could
> anyone point me to a good documentation about edubuntu and its LTSP details.

The website has most documentation here:
	http://edubuntu.org/Documentation

particularly:
	http://www.edubuntu.org/ThinClientConfig

but not all of it is entirely up-to-date just yet.

The most common file you'd use to tweak individual LTSP clients is
probably:

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

and an example exists in

/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/doc/ltsp-client/examples/lts.conf

In feisty (the recent release), you can use the "Thin Client Manager"
application for much of this too.  A couple of screenshots are here:

	http://www.progbox.co.uk/wordpress/?p=209
	http://www.progbox.co.uk/wordpress/?p=208