Two programs that I think would be great to add to Ubuntu/Edubuntu.

William Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Sat Apr 14 10:57:28 BST 2007

Hi All,

Two programs that I think would be great to add to Ubuntu/Edubuntu.

DRBL - Diskless Remote Boot in Linux  http://drbl.sourceforge.net/

I know that this is not thin client as LSTP, but for the people that want to run Edubuntu as workstations in their labs, or Ubuntu etc as workstations.

This has Clonezilla, this program is like Norton's Chost. http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/

Now what we could add these on to the Edubuntu extra CD, or have a small extra live CD for this, there is a live cd based on Debian.

Diskless client, how about server is diskless, too ?

TCExam  http://www.tecnick.com/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=tcexam