sound on edubuntu 7.04-beta

Kai Wüstermann k.wuestermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 4 07:21:43 BST 2007

Moin Gavin!

Am Dienstag, den 03.04.2007, 21:38 +0100 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:

> Today, I upgraded my Ubuntu home desktop to Feisty and installed the ltsp
> stuff.  I have a slightly later version of some packages than you tested
> which may explain differences.
> I'm _very_ impressed.

After running in so much problems with edubuntu, I installed xbuntu with
a ltsp-stand-alone-server. This worked out of the box. There were no
sound problems. Ok, I didn't try to set up the local devices.

For primary school it's enough, the pupils don't need evolution and all
the other things to manage their lessons;-) 30 MB per user is a strong
argument.

> > 1) How can I get on a terminal at the client, to test whether the modules
> > are loaded? It also can be a a telnet/ssh connection.
>
> On the server do:
>
> 	sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
> 	passwd
> 	exit