Edubuntu in Spanish

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Tue Sep 26 15:02:36 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 03:34:01PM -0400, Jason Ryer wrote:
> Does Edubuntu exist with Spanish and, if so, where do I get it?

You'll need download the es language pack, language-pack-es, I beleive.

The reason why the language packs aren't included is because the program
Kalzium, the chemical program, is shipped, and it's a KDE program, which
requires 100 megs of KDE libraries to be needed on the cd.  My
understanding is that a Gnome equivalent is in the process of being
written, which would free up space on the cd for language packs.

> If not, is there a way I can create my own CD / distribution?

If you can live without Kalzium, then there's instructions on the Ubuntu
wiki for modifying your own live cd's.  Yank Kalzium, and the KDE libs,
and include language packs.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
Systems Department |  To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side..."