Wireless Edubuntu

LVKDZ at aol.com LVKDZ at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 10:51:42 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

I have installed edubuntu to my kids' computers.  So far so  good!  My main
computer is a Windows XP based in which has a Linksys  router.  I would like to
install a Linksys Wireless USB Network Adapter to  their computers.

(http://froogle.google.com/froogle_url?q=http://www.provantage.com/linksys-wusb54g~7LNKM00A.htm&fr=AAiqk53wqsBAzI34xASPQ9fJjH-42_SY5sQgg6B55HlxlHkNeIvXntqT
wyXVjljd1wAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en) Here is a pic of the adapter, it comes with
an USB cable  and CD to run the setup wizard.

The first step to connect the wireless adapters is to insert a CD into the
CD-ROM Drive.  When I open the CD contents it shows me all the files  including
the setup.exe in which I double-click to start the set-up and it wants  to
open it with another application in which really it does not exist.

Please help... it does the same thing when I am trying to install any other
application such as games or other educational software.

Lupe Palacios

Covina, CA