Educational suite for Linux?

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon Sep 11 19:56:00 BST 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 01:39:38PM -0500, Brad Thomas wrote:
:Hello everyone.  I have recently setup an Edubuntu lab for the small
:school we have here on campus.  Everything has been going good with it
:so far, however, the higher ups are starting to take a look at replacing
:the lab already and using a software suite that is Windows based called
:PLATO (www.plato.com).  Is there anything like this already that is
:available under Linux?

Hopefully someone better aquained can answer more fully.

The plato site is all industry buzz words so as a techie rather than a
teacher (though I do have two children in elementary school) I can't
tell what it actually purports to do.

Two linux based systems that may be of interest are:

iTALC classroom management software http://italc.sourceforge.net and
Moodle course management software http://moodle.org

Hope that helps.

-Jon