disable hibernate and keymap on thin clients

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 20:11:56 BST 2006

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006, Clay Berlo wrote:

> Just a *small* note:  trying this on my server resulted in users not
> being able to login to GNOME.  Removing gnome-power-management also took
> gnome-session out!  Reinstalling gnome-session brings the power package
> back, as well...

This seems about right alright:

gavinmc at edubuntu:~$ apt-cache rdepends gnome-power-manager
gnome-power-manager
Reverse Depends:
  ubuntu-desktop
  gnome-session
  edubuntu-desktop
  ubuntu-desktop
  gnome-session
  edubuntu-desktop

Oliver: did you just force the dependencies?

> gconf seems to be the best way to work this out.  Basically, set a
> mandatory entry, as Oliver mentioned.  With my config, as soon as users
> select "Quit" they are logged off (no confirmation or options given).

I'll see if I can figure that out.

Thanks,