Ubuntu and Education: which Ubuntu variant are you using ?

Antonello Facchetti antonello.facchetti at alice.it
Wed Oct 18 16:40:45 BST 2006

Richard Weideman ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Just to get an idea of who is using what in this list audience ... can
> you please send details of what operating system you are using, and a
> note on the education context.
>
> ------------------------------------
> Operating System
> ------------------------------------
[!] Edubuntu

not yet implemented: we want to use edubuntu to sep up a new thin-client lab

> [ ] Ubuntu
> [ ] Kubuntu

[x] Other - Open Source
      * Eduknoppix - italian knoppix localization for schools

[x] Other - Proprietary
      * windows variants survive in the lab as dual-boot opportunity

> ------------------------------------
> Environment
> ------------------------------------

[x] Primary School

> [ ] Secondary School
> [ ] Tertiary Institution
> [ ] Other - Education
>     * which ?
> [ ] Other
>     * which ?
> ------------------------------------
> Role
> ------------------------------------
> [ ] User

[x] Teacher

> [ ] Administrator
> [ ] Developer

[x] Other
in charge of IT structures

> If you would prefer, feel free to mail your response directly to me.
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Antonello Facchetti
IC Rudiano/Urago d'Oglio BS - Italy