"undo" an ill-advised LTSP workstation

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 14 19:50:06 GMT 2006

hi,
Am Montag, den 13.11.2006, 22:12 +0000 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> > I assume I can do something from the rescue shell. Would there be some
> > apt commands I should issue to undo the LTSP installation?
>
> What exactly did you do?  An LTSP workstation is doesn't involve and
> installation procedure, you just boot off the network.
>
> Did you do a cd installation?  What option did you take?

in dapper it was actually possible to forcefully install ltsp-client on
a normal system, that a bug that was been adressed in edgy ...

many people did that even the ackage description is pretty clear:

 The scripts needed to configure and boot an LTSP client.
 .
 DO NOT install this package on a regular machine, it is intended only
 for installation inside a LTSP client filesystem.

ciao
	oli