No joy installing 6.06 on Compaq EN series Deskpro

Keith & Marge kbenoit at nntc.net
Fri Jun 9 16:50:25 BST 2006

Greetings,

I have not had any luck installing 6.06 on the Compaq. I have two ISO images on two cd-rw's from two sources. Neither cd loads on the Compaq. However, On a newer machine (pIII) the edubuntu menu screen does appear.

Compaq EM series Deskpro. pII 400mhz cpu, 192meg of RAM. There was a redhat version installed (but not working) on the machine. I did reformat the hdd. The cdrom does work, it loads a windows OS install disk without any problems.

Any help with this perplexing issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and attention,

Keith