Success!! And a SAMBA/winbind question...

Tom Kent lists at teeks99.com
Thu Dec 7 17:04:59 GMT 2006

My OPINION on setups like this, it really boils down to personal preference
though.

I don't know if I'd recommend making the windows home directories also be
the unix home directories.  Aside from the locking issue, it raises the
problem of getting into setting files they shouldn't be in.  What I would do
is put a link to the "My Documents" folder in their home directory.  That's
all they should ever really be using from the windows box, and it could also
be where they access stuff on the *nix box.

Using this setup would keep windows settings from being seen on the *nix
box, and all the .* files from being seen on the windows box, if the user
ever goes into their profile directory.

Tom