AMD64 as server...but LTSP clients complain about not being amd64?

Vern Graner vern at txis.com
Wed Aug 23 23:14:18 BST 2006

Vern Graner wrote:
> Oliver Grawert wrote:
>> just do the following:
>>
>> sudo rm -r /opt/ltsp/amd64
>> sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386
>>
>> after the setup finished you have a running environment for i386
>> clients :)
>
> Hmm ok, well I did this and now the server gives out NO image. :( How
> would I begin to diagnose this?

Ok, it appears the server is well and truly fsked. :( I've tried
unsuccessfully to get it to serve anything past a DHCP IP address, but
since I did the change above, the server wont give out any image file.

Things I've tried so far:

all the steps detailed in:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPCrossArchSetup

Then doing a "sudo ltsp-build-client --arch i386"

then I even did a "sudo ltsp-build-client" to try and at least bring
back the amd 64 image being served error. No dice. :(

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Vern

--
Vern Graner CNE/CNA/SSE    | "If the network is down, then you're
Senior Systems Engineer    | obviously incompetent so why are we