Running Folio Views under Wine

Philip Goodfellow lists at philipgoodfellow.net
Wed Aug 23 17:27:00 BST 2006

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
>
> did you try it with the ubuntu package as well ? the packages from
> winehq are unsupported ... also please note that if you use windows
> software via wine on an ltsp server you delibarately break the license
> unless it has a explicit multi user license (thats the reason why we
> dont ship wine by default, to preven users from getting into legal
> probs)
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Thank you for the thoughts. However, unless I have got myself confused
(I have been playing with this for a while) the package I'm using was
downloaded using the Synaptic Package Manager from the Ubunutu
respository. When I start up Synaptic I can't see an alternative to the
package I have.
At present I am just running it on Edubuntu Desktop. No thin clients.
(Of course, if it worked I might start thinking along those lines. In
which case - Modullus is freely distributable and we do have a multiuser
licence for the Folio application.)

Philip